Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Maggie and McKenzie (M&M)



I just wanted to post a picture of the girls and let everyone know how they are doing. It has been a little over a month since the move and they are adjusting really well. I have decided that my girls are really resilient and for the most part handle change better than I do. I stressed so much over whether all this change would cause them insecurity or anxiety but they just go with the flow. Other than some sleeping issues with McKenzie (which I hope are almost over) they have been such troopers.

For example, on Sunday we went to visit another church. I have really worried that all the church visiting may be causing some confusion and anxiety for them. Both went right in without ever looking back. That night Kyle went to bath McKenzie and put her to bed but he brought her down to me still in her diaper and his eyes were huge. I looked and on the diaper was a sticker that said "changed with love". I then realized this was the sticker they put on her at church that morning and that meant I had not changed her diaper ALL day. This was not one of my best mommy moments, please do not turn me in. But poor little McKenzie never made a peep all day to complain. She was just sitting in that soaking diaper patiently waiting for me to change her. A real trooper I tell you!!

Another huge blessing is the love they have for each other. Maggie tells McKenzie about 10 times a day that she loves her and has so many nicknames for her that I can't remember them all. And now when McKenzie gets upset we just tell Mags that she is upset and she rushes to entertain her. McKenzie loves her big sis and gives her the best smiles. I am so thankful for both of my girls and look forward to seeing their sweet smiles every morning. God has been so good to protect them and make this transition so easy on them. He truly knows not only what is best for me but also what is best for my children. Thank you Jesus!




4 comments:

Tricia said...

So glad to hear your update! Don't worry, I've had MANY moments like yours where I do a "mommy uh-oh." Thankfully we all seem to have little ones that are very patient and understanding. Give them both a hug for us and know you are in our thoughts and prayers!

Unknown said...

I am so happy to hear that everyone is doing well and adjusting!! We miss you but I am so proud that you are following your heart. Sometimes I wish I had more of that in me. Keep writing, I love hearing about what's going on with you :)

Emily Clark said...

God is truly at work in your lives and it is very much evident. I greatly admire what you guys have done/are doing. I'm glad to hear that the girls are handling the transistion well. Praise God! And for goodness sake, change that baby's diaper!!! LOL! Love you guys!

Emily Clark said...

God is truly at work in your lives and it is very much evident. I greatly admire what you guys have done/are doing. I'm glad to hear that the girls are handling the transistion well. Praise God! And for goodness sake, change that baby's diaper!!! LOL! Love you guys!

- Emily Clark