The biggest lesson that God has been teaching me over the last few weeks is that he demands every part of our life!! I have always known this but knowing this and experiencing this are two totally different things. This last year has been extremely humbling as we have gone from both being out in the working world to 2 unemployed people living with their parents, with 2 kids and a house they can't sell. When we started this whole process my naive little mind thought that since we were leaving our lives in Atlanta for Kyle to go to seminary that God was going to work everything out perfectly and it is going to be easy. What I have learned is that God does work everything out according to HIS perfect plan but that does not mean it is going to be easy for those who follow Him.
The most beautiful part of the last few weeks is that even though we have given up the majority of our financial security and pretty much are starting over in every aspect of our lives we have experienced a joy and peace that we have never had before. And after getting a taste of His joy and peace what we once thought of as a sacrifice has really turned into a blessing. He is our security and we need nothing else.
One of my favorite passages right now is Daniel 3:17-18 which says, "If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the furnace of blazing fire; and He will deliver us out of your hand, O King. But even if He does not, let it be known to you, O king, that we are not going to serve your gods or worship the golden image that you have set up." I know that my circumstances are nothing like what this scripture is talking about. My life is not being threatened. I am not about to be thrown into a blazing fire. After I meditated on these verses for a while I realized that if I can not be faithful in my current situation then my faith will fail the test of any blazing fire. Oh how I desire the type of faith that will say, "But even if He does not, I am not going to serve your gods".
2 comments:
I love that I get to keep up with you this way!!! :) Love your writing!
I am SO excited you started a blog! We will follow it faithfully and are so excited to see how God works in and through you during this next stage in your life. Thank you for blessing all of us with this snapshot into your life! Can't wait to read about the amazing things God will do. Love you guys!
Post a Comment